Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Etiquette of Posting

My dear friend, a Sir Jonathan Magen (whose expertise on the subject of technology is unrivaled) has recently informed me that I have made a few fopas in my first forays into the blog-o-sphere! (For all of those interested, Jonathan's blog can be found HERE.)Firstly, I should apparently be linking to the sites of the organizations/groups that I refer to in my blog. For example, I spoke about Nativ, the year program that I participated in following my graduation from my high school, Akiba Hebrew Academy . This is apparently the appropriate format for blogging. Jonathan also aptly pointed out that I should no longer sign my blog as each entry already states that it was posted by Andy... and I happen to be this Andy. Another tip was to make the header-picture smaller, which I did, and I agree that it is now more aesthetically pleasing. He also mentioned that I should engage my comments... which I plan to do, but I can't as of right now as I don't have any. Jonathan also pointed out that there is a fantastic site called Machon Mamre where I can link to Hebrew passages. What else did he say, OH YEAH! He told me to post anything that I find that is interesting to me which sounds good I suppose. All in all I am very grateful for his tips and I look forward to employing them in the future!

Thanks be to Jonathan!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout but I like reading your thoughts regardless of anything else anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Jonathan... but you really were a big help!

    ReplyDelete