Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tis the season...

Tis the season for Rabbinical School applications and interviews. I know that I have not posted in a while, but I have been so busy applying and preparing for the application process. I feel as though the past 3.5 years of my life have been spent preparing myself for this moment. I have worked extensively in the Jewish community of Philadelphia, and have even taken the time to do some (emphasis on some) real text study. I feel as though I am the most ready I have ever been for this process... and yet I suppose I could always be "more ready".

Rabbi Merow graciously put a mock interview together for me last Friday, I am particularly grateful to her and Rabbis Warmflash and G-K for taking the time out of their busy schedules to grill me. While the mock-interview was unnerving, I can confidently say that I know somewhat to expect. This process is highly formalized, in that they are not required to even grant me an interview after reviewing my application. The interview is my next step towards becoming a Rabbi.

The kicker of this whole process is that they decide whether or not I am to be admitted to the school immediately after I leave the interview room. I believe that there is a possibility that I could be told the day of my interview as to whether or not I have been accepted. This is both a blessing and a curse, as I do not have the anxiety of waiting to hear back but I do have to hear their decision face to fact... one way or another.

At the end of the day, I know that this is what I want to do with my life. I have known that I wanted to pursue a career in the rabbinate since I was a senior in high school. All I can do is put my best foot forward and be "me". I know that I have what it takes to be a Rabbi, now all I have to do is let the admissions committee know as well.

I can go the distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment